Can you imagine your business guaranteeing the public that every single day they will be greeted by a friendly, smiling, knowledgeable staff member and never having one single, unhappy guest. DREAMIN’? Maybe, but I think if you’re a small biz and can do that 90% of the time you are doing pretty great. You have to work hard at it and be willing to dedicate time and resources to having a trained, knowledgeable staff. As I have said many times, your staff is your first customer.
Here’s what we know….
1. the customer demands better services
2. the customer has more access to information
3. the customer of today, demands a rapid response
Having said that, it just makes sense to focus on these three things when running a business. The obvious is great product or service and cash flow. But, number one might be making your staff feel appreciated, trained and supported. Here are 6 strategies….
1. Intentionally change, change and improve the company culture.
2. Address your fear of failure (#1 reason why people don’t change).
3. Hire BIG personalities…. they will take you to the next level if you treat them right and they are more likely to take risks.
4. Focus on strength-building, rather than staff weaknesses.
5. Training, training, training – teach your staff how they can be your
number one advocate.
6. Celebrate success all year long….. reward, thank, appreciate, acknow- ledge, and show interest in your staff.
Most of us could easily imagine a friendly, smiling, knowledgeable staff member. As a matter of fact, we would love to see that every day when we leave our homes to purchase products or services. And today, with so many online services you may not see a smile but you will recognize a company to goes over and above to get you and keep you as a customer.
I’ve always believed, as a speaker, that….
“THE AUDIENCE RUNS THE SHOW- MY CLIENTS ARE IN CHARGE- SELF-AWARENESS IS KEY & A MARKETING SYSTEM IS ESSENTIAL.”
Perhaps we might take this quote and change it to…
THE CUSTOMER RUNS THE SHOW- OUR CUSTOMERS ARE IN CHARGE – OUR OWN SELF-AWARENESS IS KEY & A MARKETING SYSTEM IS ESSENTIAL!
Carol is a Motivational Speaker, Executive Coach, Fundraising Strategist, Social Media Quarterback and Small Business Advisor. She is Lehigh Valley’s sought after consultant who assists organizations with results driven growth. Her strategies can be easily adapted to a for profit or non-profit environment. Carol specializes in high impact leadership, million dollar fundraising, smash the box marketing, and creating word of mouth epidemics for her clients. Visit Carol’s website at www.caroltalks.com and “LIKE” Carol at Caroltalks on Facebook. Carol S. Ritter, Past President, National Speakers Association Philadelphia and past board chair for St. Luke’s University Hospital Visiting Nurses Association & Hospice.